The Routing and Optimization team at MapAnything is developing a set of APIs for solving complex vehicle routing and scheduling problems. As a member of the Routing and Optimization team, the Operations Research Scientist will understand client requirements, identify opportunities for augmenting the APIs, utilize existing capabilities to solve client problems, and enhance our capabilities. The Operations Research Scientist should have experience in software development, discrete optimization, and general OR techniques. The successful candidate will join a fast-paced environment working on multiple projects simultaneously and can expect to interact with clients in understanding the subtleties of their routing and scheduling problems.
- Experience in designing and implementing algorithms for large scale routing and scheduling problems
- Experience with commercial integer programming solvers, heuristic search
- Comfortable in working on distributed software projects using git, SVN, JIRA, Confluence, etc.
- Experience in Python, C/C++
- Experience with GIS systems, mapping data, PostGIS, OpenStreetMaps, shape files, etc.
- General expertise in scripting, SQL, databases, etc.
- Comfortable in Linux environment, basic expertise in cloud computing (AWS, Azure, etc.)
- Ability to work closely with clients to understand their data and subtleties of their routing/scheduling needs
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment, attention to detail, desire to be part of a high performance team
- MS + 5 years experience, or PhD + 2 years experience
- Advanced degree in Applied Math, Computer Science, Operations Research, or Industrial Engineering
- Programming experience in C/C++, Python, Java
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
MapAnything, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, appearance, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, carrier status, marital status, veteran status, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.