Cardella Waste boosts their efficiency with the help of Salesforce Maps
About Cardella Waste & Westside Environmental
With over 65 years experience, Cardella Waste Services has realized a steady and responsible growth that puts them at the forefront of today's waste management requirements. Serving the New York and New Jersey Metropolitan Area, Cardella operates a fully equipped materials recovery and recycling facility, which enables them to recover recyclables from the waste stream and deliver the recovered material to a manufacturer for reuse.
Focused on construction and demolition companies, Cardella provides 24/7 services for waste management needs, from collection to hauling to recycling and redistribution, to continually save their clients time and money on waste removal, while utilizing environmentally friendly practices.
Where are our dumpsters?
All critical information at Cardella sits inside Salesforce; it is the foundation of the company's business and is used to manage the workflow of contracts, assets, and sales and service teams.
Cardella needed the ability to answer one critical business question: Where are its dumpsters?
With over 10,000 scattered across New York and New Jersey, Cardella's most valuable asset are its dumpsters. The company dispatches fleets daily to deliver and pick-up dumpsters, and effectively managing this task and inventory control was critical to the company's growth. Keeping track of 10,000 dumpsters was a lot to manage on paper, so finding a better solution was paramount for future success.
Why Salesforce Maps?
Joe Cardella, SVP of Cardella, pursued Salesforce as a CRM solution. In 2012, Cardella found Salesforce Maps on the Salesforce AppExchange and the tool completely changed the way the company does business. They simply wanted to answer the question - Where are our dumpsters? But, with Salesforce Maps, they were able to tie in so many other data points within their business.
In 2016, Cardella's use case lead to the creation of Salesforce Maps Live Tracking - which is an integrated vehicle telematics solution that enables Location of Things workflow inside Salesforce. Salesforce Maps Live Tracking allowed Cardella's data to come to life.
How does Cardella utilize Salesforce Maps?
- Being able to see the location of its dumpsters, color coded by data such as dumpster type, has enabled Cardella to better manage inventory.
- Better inventory management enabled Cardella to repurpose existing dumpsters and trucks, and eliminate the need to purchase additional dumpster or trucks simply due to an unknown location.
- Better repurposing of assests allowed Cardella to better route and utilize drivers for optimal TCO.
- Cardella dispatchers can now see customers, dumpsters, sites, assets, and real-time location of their trucks.
- This 360 degree view of the company has allowed dispatchers to effectively assign rental assets, change routes, and contact the customer without leaving the map.
- Weather and traffic overlays give them invaluable insight on near real-time conditions that could impact rental deliveries.
- Cardella has completely automated its business workflows with Salesforce Maps Live Tracking.
- When trucks arrive at a site, an alert is sent to the customer's phone.
- This delivery status is updated automatically in Salesforce with arrival time, departure time, and waiting time captured.
- This automation ensures all critical business data is captured in Salesforce without any manual data entry.
- Contractually, Cardella trucks have an allotted amount of time they are obligated to stay on a site. If delays on site occur, the extra time can be billed to the customer.
- Salesforce Maps Live Tracking enabled easy revenue capture.
- Time spent on site is automatically tracked and recorded.
- If necessary, invoices are automatically generated in Salesforce to ensure revenue is captured.
More efficiency due to visualizing their data on a map to find dumpsters and dispatch drivers and service reps translated to cost savings in labor, gas, and vehicle maintenance; less exposure for insurance purposes; increased revenue capture; and time saved on IFTA reporting. Better, more efficient decisions allowed Cardella to continually increase customer satisfaction and create a sustainable company with unlimited growth.