SOLARWATT reduced their fuel costs by 20% with the help of MapAnything
With nearly 20 years of production experience under its belt, SOLARWATT GmbH ranks among the pioneers of the German solar-energy industry. What started in 1993 as a two-person company is now one of the nation's leading manufacturers of solar modules – a provider of intelligent energy solutions for both private and commercial uses.
The Dresden-based company has responded to the changes in the solar market by withdrawing completely from the mass market for solar modules. SOLARWATT now offers complete photovoltaic packages for decentralised heat and power supplies to residential customers and small businesses.
Where is everybody?
SOLARWATT was expanding into new territories, and the old way of seeing their customer just wasn't making the cut. Historically utilizing a VPN accessed database and more recently Google Maps, SOLARWATT realized they needed more than simple Excel files and Point A to Point B mapping.
With a rapid expansion and a brand new Salesforce CRM in the works, SOLARWATT had to answer one question: Where is everybody?
When SOLARWATT was using Google Maps, it was hard to really see where their cases were and where their field reps would be at any given moment. Once they got all of their data into Salesforce, the company began searching for a way to better understand what was going on in each territory and better position sales reps by targeting higher revenue producing customers and prospects.
As SOLARWATT began researching mapping solutions, they realized having the ability to source new customers from a map, based on territory, would be paramount to a successful move into a location of things CRM system.
Once SOLARWATT made the switch to Salesforce, they were able to grow to around 5,000 customers throughout Europe. MapAnything gave SOLARWATT the ability to source new customers in less saturated areas; manage both their B2C and B2B leads through custom object configuration; plan efficient routes in multiple territories to effectively manage their new, large customer base; and maintain a 360 degree view of their market, where to build PV plans, and what customers need the most support.
Before salesforce and MapAnything, SOLARWATT had information in up to 50 different Excel files, but now, with precise location-driven data displayed on a single map within Salesforce, SOLARWATT can effectively manage their partners, estimate drive times required, find the correct installers, and utilize historical data to determine which products their customers are most interested in.
How does SolarWatt utilize MapAnything?
- New sales reps are quickly onboarded through territory visualization and historic data analysis.
- Top priority customers are easily viewed and prioritized via the map.
- Areas for partner development and lead generation are identified and acted upon.
- Proactive planning of large territories
- Optimized routing to maximize number of prospects seen per day.
- Increase in customer satisfaction with the ability to “stop in”, even for a short visit, if the rep is in the area using MapAnything's area and perimeter features.
Deeper Customer Understanding
- Visualization of customer needs within a specified area to identify any trends.
- Localize their messaging by utilizing customer feedback within a certain area.
- Dispatch and plan field service reps' schedule based on level of needs within each area.
SOLARWATT quickly realized they needed a Mapping solution in addition to their Salesforce instance. After a quick implementation, SOLARWATT has been able to:
- Reduce the fuel costs by 20%
- Gain 10-15% more appointments per week
- Grow their customer base to over 5,000
- Maintained 100% adoption rate for all users