Cost Containment & Customer Engagement Differentiate the Winners From Losers in Fleet Management
Recently we conducted a study of hundreds of fleet managers, directors, and CEOs of organizations in which field service is a key component of their business. Not surprisingly, cost containment is the overall biggest challenge faced by these organizations with over 40% of respondents citing fuel, fleet operations, vehicle maintenance and up-time as key areas of focus to improve the bottom line. The second largest concern is customer engagement and quality of service. Intelligent fleet management is an essential strategy to mitigate these concerns.
Earlier this month, MapAnything Live was named a leader in the 2017 IDC Innovators in Field Service brief. Through its research, IDC finds that field service is a critical focus for companies because of its direct effect on customer retention and satisfaction, up-sells and cross-sells, and customer engagement. Efficient field service is a competitive differentiator, when done effectively, or can lead to rapid customer defection if not. Yet, it remains one of the largest cost centers in an organization.
The stakes for intelligent field service have never been higher. According to recent Gallup research, traffic congestion costs commercial truck drivers $27b annually in lost time and diesel fuel. The NHTSA estimates that every year, companies in the U.S. lose around 32.6 billion hours due to weather related congestion, with an annual cost of $2.2-$3.5 billion annually. Lastly, a Voxware poll found that 55% of customers will stop using a company’s products after just two or three late deliveries
For this reason, many organizations, are integrating Geo-Productivity software with their existing field service management platform such as ServiceNow or Salesforce, to provide live asset tracking of vehicles, equipment, and employees. Geo-Productivity software also adds a layer of geo-based analytics and intelligence to dispatch, compliance, and optimization of field service vehicles and teams.
In its report, IDC highlights key attributes of effective asset management software. MapAnything Live is innovative map-based asset tracking and geo-productivity software for fleets. When evaluating asset management software, we believe it is best practices to look for solutions that:
- Provides a map-based interface for streamlined data input, optimal route planning and schedule management.
- Ensures that multi-stream data can be ingested and managed through a central data clearinghouse.
- Employs sophisticated telematics with route optimization that factors traffic, weather, and geographic location of all appointments.
- Uses automated field service management software (FSM) update features to ensure that SFM systems are kept current and that reps have the most current information at their fingertips for each customer visit.
- Improves overall customer engagement with a live customer record, pulled from FSM, for greater visibility into customer health, service performance and issues, and opportunities for future business.
To learn more, please download the IDC report here.
Subscribe via Email