MAU 301: Mobile - Keep Moving Full Steam Ahead
“Unless you’ve been hiding in a cave for the past 10 years, you’ve probably noticed that we’re in the midst of a mobile revolution. Mobile usage is at an all-time high – in fact, most of us spend as much time on our devices as we do in front of our computers. Mobile technology has transformed the way we live, learn, travel, shop, and stay connected.” ~ Salesforce Trailhead - Get Started with the Salesforce Mobile App
Fortunately, MapAnything understands the importance of mobile access and has developed a user friendly mobile environment. Users can access MapAnything from a mobile device in a number of ways:
- Through the Salesforce app
- Going to Salesforce.com from any browser
- Downloading the MapAnything standalone mobile app
In fact, mobile usage is one of the most common use cases for MapAnything, so let's look at some examples:
1) Execute saved routes, get turn by turn directions and log activity:
You can access the MapAnything mobile app on a phone to open a saved route and display the route on the map. Once the stop order is displayed on the map select the first stop to view:
- Tooltips and the ability to make changes to tooltip fields if you have “edit tooltip” permission
- View the record in Salesforce
- Use the “Take me there” button to get turn by turn directions
- Select the three vertical dots to display the actions you can take based on your button set permissions
- Check in/out to log your activity if that is a requirement for your organization
2) Find nearby leads, accounts and opportunities based on GPS location:
From the MapAnything mobile app, start by showing your current location, which will display as a blue dot on the map. MapAnything will center the map view around your current location. If you have a cancellation or extra time in your day, select the layers tab and click on a marker layer to find nearby records.
MapAnything mobile will display markers inside the visible area. You can change the map view by zooming in or out. When the map view changes, select the refresh button to re-run the marker layer and display all markers in the updated visible area.
Once a nearby record has been found, simply add that marker to a route, get your turn by turn directions and log your activity as required by your organization.
3) Search POI (points of interest) and create leads on the fly
MapAnything Mobile allows users to search Points of Interest (POI) and take action such as, add to route, get directions and create a record.
To get started, click into the search bar and conduct the following steps:
- Type in a search term, select a single result from the list and click the ‘Map’ button to view results on the map
- Select a result from the map
- Select an action to take on the search result, for example, add to route, set proximity center or create Favorite etc. If you have access to the Click2Create button, you can quickly create a lead in Salesforce with a click of a button.
- NOTE - Click2Create can be used to create a record for any object in Salesforce.
These are just some of the common use cases for MapAnything mobile. Please join us on Wednesday March 13, at 11 a.m. EST to learn more about this topic. In addition, visit our mobile video library to go beyond and learn more about the power of mobile.