Rethinking Telematics: A Strategic Advantage for Field Sales
Millions of field sales executives take to the streets every day to meet clients with one goal in mind - Growing Revenue.
And, every day, fleet managers and sales leaders equip these professionals with thousands of vehicles so they can meet with, service, and sell to customers. Then, the actual battle for face time with customers begins.
According to Salesforce, 54% of a sales rep’s day is spent not selling. For field reps, a lot of this time is spent in traffic or inefficient routing between meetings. Time is also spent doing administrative tasks. A new approach to telematics, integrated with Salesforce, can reduce or eliminate wasted time and make fleets more rep-friendly and field teams more productive.
We’ve outlined a 6-step plan to get you on the road to next generation telematics. Our plan helps you break down siloes between sales and fleet management, to create an integrated, highly efficient system.
- Outline your key objectives – Is it cost savings or greater revenue?
- Build an ROI model – What gets measured gets done. You can prove both savings and growth with our simple formula.
- Select a deployment approach that works – Consider a platform that can handle the mobility needs of your field team, OBD-II or built-in devices and services, that can be integrated with Salesforce.
- Integrate telematics and Salesforce for optimal results – choose a geo-productivity solution that supports your telematics choice, and that is designed to work the way your field team works.
- Get the team on board – Appoint a team of champions inside the organization who can get your business ready. Include sales leadership, fleet management and field reps who can represent the needs of the organization.
- Build an execution plan and measure results – Build a plan that will allow you to implement smoothly and measure results along the way.
The next generation of telematics, integrated with Salesforce, is here. Those companies who quickly adopt this powerful integration will lead the pack with growth in sales and more efficient field operations.
What are you waiting for? Download the guide below. It’s sure to be an impactful resource for you and your company in 2018.